Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Moving Sucks - Ministry Rocks

I'm moving to Cheyenne in a week. The apartment is a wreak, things half packed and pictures down off the walls. My husband and I are using up our gift cards to local places, enjoying our remaining time with friends over good eats and delicious coffee, and... freaking out.

Seriously. We don't want to leave Madison! I love so many people here! I know these roads. I know the towns surrounding Madison (and how to pronounce them). We have our favorite coffee roaster and our doctors and vets and our therapists and hair stylists. I don't want to find all those things again. I do not.


And yet, I start thinking about this small church in Cheyenne, WY and the people there. I imagine the space. The new faces. The teddy bears lining the pews and the stained glass lighting up the short pews. And I get excited. Really excited. I get to do ministry in a brand new place with a group of loving, wonderful folks. I get to love on an entirely new group of people and share the love of God with them. And then they'll share that love with other people. And we will share ideas and passions and frustrations and tears and LIFE together.

See? I'm getting ridiculously excited again. Packing up and moving means lots of changes. New streets to learn and pharmacists to find. But it also means adventure is before me. Great things are on the horizon. And because it is Wyoming, I can literally say NEW FRONTIERS AWAIT!

Madison, I'm sad to leave you. All the people I love. Cheyenne, I can't wait to become a part of you and start ministry with a whole new bunch of folks.

But first, more packing. And some tears. And a 14 hour drive. And... sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Love this, Al. Can't believe I don't get to see you before you move. ��

    ReplyDelete