Friday, September 19, 2014

Ass of you and me

I wasn't sure how it became September and now it is half way through September. I don't know where I picked up on the idea that summers were slower around church?? It's a lie.

So here's where I'm at. I'm frustrated with everyone. It seems it is just far to easy to NOT assume the best of people. I misread reservation dates and missed a reservation at a restaurant for a group I lead. I don't hear about this until a week later and it makes me sound like I am the biggest jack ass on the planet. Do they honestly believe I was sitting at home, laughing manically going, "Ha! This will show that restaurant. I bet they're holding that table open for me right now. SUCKERS!!"



No. Stop it.

Stop assuming the worst. Stop assuming that we aren't on the same team. Treat each other nicely for once and just ASSUME THE BEST of someone. Assume good intentions. I know we've all been burned before by ASSuming someone has the best of intentions. We've had someone take advantage of us. But how did being cautious suddenly (gradually?) become completely eliminating the possibility of good intentions?

I'm not a mean person. I'm rarely vindictive. And yet, this entire last week, I feel like I have disappointed SO MANY people. For stupid reasons like miscommunication.

Friends, (enemies?) can we just assume that we all aren't out to get each other. For, say, a week?

Pretty please? I'm tired.


1 comment:

  1. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

    ReplyDelete